As good as it gets

Aunt m hasn't been to see dad in weeks. I didn't ask her why. I know why. It's hard for her to see her twin brother not progressing as well we hoped he would. I'm not going to let it get me down. My objective when I see him is to make him smile. I told her that today. I talk to him. Dance/gallop to the Bonanza theme song. Rub lotion into his hands. Am just there for him. I call the kids and let them talk.

When I first had the dream about mom I hesitated telling him worried it would make him sad. But he loved it. Right after the move to lucas I had another mom dream. We were standing out by the garage. It wasn't cold out and it seemed like spring. We were laughing about something. I wish I could remember what we said to each other. I told dad about it right away. He asked me today if I had any more mom dreams.

I miss isabelle being here. She is a bowl full of sunshine.

Dad wasn't feeling good today. He fell getting out of bed on saturday a and he was complaining today that his head hurt. I told the nurse and they gave him some tylenol. He's back on an alarm system. Which he doesn't like.

This may be as good as he gets. Which is what we have to deal with.
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.5

Comments