I would have wanted a call

And so I called. It doesn't really matter that he doesn't feel remorse for his past actions. I called because I would have wanted to be called. My brother didn't want anything to do with his family. He didn't call me when mom died. But I'm not him. Thank god, I'm not him. Dad died this morning at 7am. He went peacefully in his sleep. Me & m went down there. He looked more peaceful than he has in the past 3 weeks. I hated seeing him suffering so. Not recognizing me. Hated that m said he did. This has been coming for months. Hell, since I got here. But it's still hard. it rained gently when we were loading his boxes in the car. That's mom. Saw a praying mantis on the back door. That's grandma. We are not ever really alone.

Comments